Thursday, June 11, 2015

Hello Baby!

Please welcome Wren Aubry Logan to the world!!!  She was born June 1st at 11:57 PM.  7 lbs 2 oz.  18.5 inches long.  Wren is a very healthy baby.  Labor was long and difficult and the stay in the Japanese hospital was...  interesting.  I'll save all that for another blog and this one is just dedicated to baby pictures.  If it's not your thing, my apologies but a new mom needs her chance to show off her baby.  :-) 

Most of you know I'm a little older for having a first kid.  There is a reason for that.  When I was a little girl I always told my parents I never was going to have kids.  As I grew up I still felt this way.  Before Jeff and I got married we talked very seriously about kids.  I wanted to be sure that he was okay not having kids because I still didn't want them.  We went on many adventures together and saw a lot of the world.  We had a wonderful life.  Slowly over time we both came to the conclusion that something was missing and so we decided to try and have a baby.  I was worried throughout my pregnancy that I would have problems bonding with my baby.  I have never really hung out with babies, I never coo'ed at babies when I see them in the grocery store checkout line and I've avoided holding them whenever possible.  Until I had my baby, I never changed a diaper.  Historically, I have found kids fun, but never babies.  So, it has totally surprised me that I completely LOVE this little girl.  I have bonded and I really feel really connected with her.  I am so amazed and relieved.  I actually like being a mom!  It's tough.  I'm tired, but it's good.  I really love my little Wren.

I'm sure I'll comment more on that later but, here are some pictures.


This is a very tired mom and new dad in the delivery room with their new baby.

Wren sleeping in the hospital.

Big yawn!

I'm not happy!!!

Wren checking out the world.  She seems very curious.
Getting ready to leave the hospital.
First car ride.

Out side our apartment.

Nap time on papa's belly.

Nap time on mama.
Big blue eyes!
She just looks like a little doll in this one.

Selfie with mama.

Playing on her play mat.  Very seriously trying to hit the hanging monkey.

Yep, that smell is what you think it is...
I will try to get back in to the blog routine the last 10 days have been a little crazy but I feel like I can squeeze in a couple posts a week now that I'm getting things figured out.  So, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment